About The Boys School of Denver
Welcome to The Boys School of Denver!
We are THRILLED to announce that we have secured a location for the 2017-18 school year!
We'll be at 24th and Alcott in Riverside Church in an amazing space with awesome classrooms, welcoming commons spaces, and a HUGE gym!
We can't wait to open our doors for our first class of boys in August!
Opening Fall 2017 with 6th Grade
- Is your son currently in 4th or 5th grade?
- Are you starting to think about middle school options?
- Would your boy benefit from more movement in his day?
- Do you hope to find a school that knows your son well?
Based on the highly successful instructional model of the GIRLS ATHLETIC LEADERSHIP SCHOOL (GALS) in Denver, The Boys School will provide a small-school learning environment predicated on best practices in gender-based and active learning for middle grade boys. The Boys School is poised to be an additional choice for boys. The school will provide an innovative and necessary educational option that engages health and wellness as a key-contributing factor in optimizing academic achievement and self-development.
- Why Boys: Boys in our community are in need of attention and care; they need a place of their own where they get to define who they are and know that they matter.
- Why a Single Gender Model: Growing up in today’s world makes it truly difficult for a young man to figure out how he will make a difference in this world in his own unique way. At The Boys School, boys are our business, and they get all of our attention.
- Why Movement: Physical activity promotes learning and keeps students engaged by improving motivation and attention, raising self-esteem, and creating a positive school culture.